Walk the Wight Bus Timetable
Start linesGetting to Bembridge start (full walk and first half walk) from:
- Newport Bus Station: 06:15 – 07:30
- Ryde Bus Station: 05:30 06:15 06:45 (HT 06:15) 07:15 (HT 06:45) 07:45 (HT 07:15) (HT = connects with Hovertravel service)
- IW College: 05:30 – 07:35 (Park and Ride shuttle service)
- Sandown Heights: 07:20 (connects with Southern Vectis Route 3 bus arriving at 07:05)
- Freshwater Bay (HF Holidays): 05:55
- Freshwater (Sainsbury’s): 05:57
- Totland (War Memorial): 05:59
- Yarmouth Bus Station: 06:10 (connects with 05:35 Lymington – Yarmouth ferry)
- Cowes (Marks & Spencer): 07:15 (connects with 06:45 Southampton – Cowes Red Jet)
- East Cowes: 07:00 (connects with 05:45 Southampton – East Cowes car ferry)
Getting to Carisbrooke start (second half walk) from:
- IW College: 07:15 – 10:15 (Park and Ride shuttle service). Shuttles from IW College run via Newport Bus Station
Getting to Sandown start (Flat Walk) from:
- Newport bus station: 09:00 09:30
- IW College (Park and Ride service) 07:45 – 09:45
- Newport bus station: 08:00
- If you are driving: please park in the Alum Bay WTW parking field (on the left hand side of the approach to the Needles Landmark Attraction). A shuttle bus will take you to the start at Freshwater Bay. There is no parking at Freshwater Bay.
From Carisbrooke (first half walk) finish to:
- IW College: 10:30 – 14:30. Shuttles from Carisbrooke finish run via Newport Bus Station.
- IW College: 13:20 – 19:00 (Park and Ride shuttle service). This service runs via Yarmouth, Carisbrooke (WTW start/finish) and Newport Bus Station.
- IW College: 11:00 - 16:00 (Park and Ride shuttle service) This service runs via Newport bus station for connections to the rest of the Island on Southern Vectis routes.